Monday, July 19, 2010

Social Bookmarking

OK, to be honest, when I first saw this, I thought -- oh, so it's bookmarking a page. BUT, I like the idea of being able to bookmark pages for others to see or for me to see from other computers. I can see this being very useful at school. I could find and bookmark lots of helpful sites for parents. My goal: to try and actually accomplish this during the 10-11 school year. Here's what I have for me. I think it would also be helpful to have for ECP teachers to access and use. See what sites others like. I wonder if I could do it like a Wiki where everyone could add theirs instead of everyone having their own sites?

As a side note, I also went into Goodreads. I like it though it's not always user friendly, but I did like it. I was going to add it as a sidebar/widget to my other blog, but I can't figure out how. I'm also afraid it could become just one more thing I need to do.... we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I know what you mean about Goodreads - I am not all that great about updating it and when I do I tend to add what I've read for the past 2 months - BUT I do have a library friend who writes reviews and updates all the itme, which is great for me because she reads some great books.

    Collins Hill High School has a lot of teachers using delicious- they use it with their students, but I think in our situation using it with your grade level or in your case even the other ECP teachers in our cluster could be useful!

    ReplyDelete