Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Course Reflections

Technically, I'm not done yet. I still have to do my podcasting lesson (but what I need to do it is broken on my computer).

Reflections:

What I Liked...... I liked that it is online, so I can go at my own pace. This is especially helpful since it's summer time and everyone has funky, different schedules. I liked learning about lots of interesting tools to use in the classroom (and in life).

What I Didn't Like..... I think the biggest thing for me is feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the information I have learned about. At the time of each lesson, I could think of ways to use it, but the big question (the essential question) is "Will I be able to find the time to use it in my classroom?" I am still learning about how best to teach the severe/profound population. I am still trying to find the time to incorporate all the ideas I have already to use in my classroom. With 2 of my daughters with me after school each day, it can be hard to actually get any work done after school. I think I'll be using nap time to do a lot. (Here's to hoping that the new kiddos can also rest in a room with some light.) Anyway, enough about why it'll be hard. I think I need a goal... how about try to incorporate something new each month. Just one thing each month. Maybe a gentle nudge, an email, or something about a month or so into school to see how everyone is using what we learned might be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment