Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Digital Storytelling

I checked out YouTube and TeacherTube. I found YouTube to be easier to navigate than TeacherTube. I was able to find videos on augmentative communication and one on positioning students using a prone wedge. For fun, I searched how to bake bread, then found others for making pizza dough and honey glazed sweet potatoes. The girls and I watched funny, cute videos about kittens and babies.

In my classroom, I could use digital storytelling to share special activities with parents. The biggest thing to remember with this is confidentiality. I would have to have written permission from all parents to use the kids, and it would be even better if I could password protect the videos. In the classroom, we sometimes use a form of digital storytelling -- Tumblebooks. Tumblebooks seems to me like a version of digital storytelling. I would like to incorporate this more into the classroom -- maybe even make my own from books I have. Something for me to think about and try.

No comments:

Post a Comment